Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas and New Years!

We had a great Christmas. We usually have dinner at my parents Christmas eve, but this year, since my mom was so busy, we had the dinner at our house. I fixed appetizers and dinner. I loved every minute of it. We finally broke out our wedding china and it was so pretty. I am kind of mad at myself for waiting so long to use it. I will definitely not be afraid to use it again. I kept thinking it would be this huge ordeal, but it wasn't. Here is Ed snacking on the spinach dip and crap ragoons.
I can't believe how much I enjoyed setting the table. For years, I would cringe when my mom would ask me to setthe table, now I enjoy it.

My uncle took this picture sitting at the table. It is my grandmother and him!


My cute dad opening a gift.
The last time I was at my grandmothers I got out her broom to sweep up some leaves I tracked in. Her broom had seen better days, so guess what she got for Christmas!!??!!

I only put up a small tree this year. It worked out great. Here is my mom and sister in law chatting. I was so glad my mom got to relax this year and didn't have to cook.



Christmas day we went over to Ed's grandmother's house. This is Ed's sis, Anna. Ed must have gotten a lump of coal as a gift...that is the only reason he would have such a somber look on his face.




Then HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! We went to a nice dinner with Casey and Justin at Folks Folly. It was so delicious.
I messed up the pictures, so I do not have one of the 4 of us.
It is so refreshing to start a new year. I think it is a great time to reflect over the past year and realize how blessed we all are. I am looking forward to 2008. I am not a fan of making new years resolutions only Jan 1, although I think it is good idea. I think we should constantly be thinking of ways to challenge ourselves and improve and make "new years resolutions" all year long.

Happy new year!






















7 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Chatie Chope! Great blog, I agree with the resolutions. I don't think I will have to think very hard about "finding" ways to challenge myself! Ha Ha! Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Great post! Looks like Christmas dinner was fun...I need to break out the china too, but I'm waiting for a real dining room table... I guess that's silly.
Glad we saw yall last night. Happy new Year!

mkburcham said...

Yeah! I am happy to see a new post-I have been wondering what you have been up to! I definitely won't hassle you about not updating your blog-b/c I am not great at it either-life just gets so busy!! Your house looks beautiful, I have never seen pics, so it was fun to look at that-I am happy you got to do the entertaining and break out the china-so fun! Well, Happy New Year to you! Love ya!

Natalie Church said...

Wow, stranger! About time. I wasn't going to give up checking on you and your blog! I'm glad ya'll had a great Christmas and New Years. Come see us soon!
Love the table setting!

Keeley White said...

Your grandmom is adorable! Thanks for updating your blog. It's kind of hard, at least for me, to come up with enough stuff to write about. I am glad there is someone else out there without kids who has a blog:-) I hope you and Ed have a great 2008 and hopefully we can all get together soon. It has been way too long. Happy New Year!

amber said...

Sound like you all had a nice Christmas. Love the beautiful table you set! I wish we lived closer so you could help me decorate my house. I'm in a big decorating slump these days. I'm going to call you soon, I promise. Hope you and Ed have a great 2008!

Blessed said...

Katie,

Glad to see an update. Your house looked beautiful, as always. I am hoping to get together with you for lunch soon? It's been too long. I'll email you!