Sunday, July 22, 2007

THE SPORTS BALL

To catch you up on everything... Ed has been writing for the Memphis Sport magazine for over a year. He has had a blast writing, going to events with a press pass, getting all the inside info, meeting professional athletes at golf tournaments, fights, games and all other sporting events. Recently, Mike and Kim, the couple who started the magazine asked Ed if he and I wanted to buy into the magazine and become part owners. We said definitely! We are now co-owners of the magazine. Ed is working with Memphis Sport full time and I am doing things here and there. I mostly go to events and help where I can, but this is Ed's thing. We are getting to meet all kinds of high profile people and are having a blast. The magazine is fully supported by advertising and is free to the public. 30,000 copies of each issue are printed and distributed throughout Memphis.

This is an answer to many prayers for Ed. He is getting to use all of his talents for something that he LOVES..sports. We are excited to see what the future holds...



Last night we went to the Sports Ball. It is an event to benefit the Big Brothers Big Sisters charity. The slogan is "Games for grown- ups, futures for kids." They had poker tables with dealers and play money, a mechanical bull, basketball, moon walks, NASCAR simulators, and a ton more games. People dress up in formal wear and wear tennis shoes. I chose to keep on my sandals even though my feet were killing me by the end of the night--We had a blast!

We got picked up in a racing Limo...haha. (one of the perks of the magazine...we can barder--- you provide the limo and we will provide free advertising!!)



Here is the limo- We got so many looks while on the road.
The inside was pretty sharp. I had no idea what to expect-




Here is the gang. We all had so much fun. We also got free Nike's at the event. That is what is in all those bags.
This is my friend Caroline. We met at the gym about a year and a half ago. She has become one of my best friends. We got to gamble with play money. We started out with just one of these bills- we won BIG!!
Doesn't Ed look HOT!! He rocked his tux! We had a wonderful time and look forward to many more great Memphis Sport memories.





6 comments:

mkburcham said...

Katie! Wow-that looks like so much fun! I am jealous-Matt will be jealous of Ed's awesome job-to be able to get paid to be around sports is a dream. Congrats to you both as new co-owners! I love the limo-that is great! Sounds as though you had fun! AND, by the way-you looked hot too!!! Love ya Mer
Keep in touch!

the robertsons said...

Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time, and you looked marvelous. That limo is awesome- I wish we could have seen it in person. So what all did you do to get all those dollas?

Amanda said...

That looks like so much fun!! I am glad that Ed is loving his work! I know how important that is for him! You look hot, and Ed too!! Talk to you soon! Love ya!!

Stephanie Reeves said...

That's sooo awesome that yall are now part owners and Ed has his dream job!!It sounds like you'll be getting to go to all kinds of fun events. And I 2nd Mer's comment- You're SMOKIN'!!!

amber said...

Looks like such fun! You look really pretty. I've been meaning to call you... yes, we got our trip booked and we are couting down the days!! It can't get here fast enough. Just found out yesterday that I had to get a new passport since my old one was in my maiden name. Luckily, since we're going to Mexico, I can just take a piece of paper that says I have applied for it and don't have to wait until it arrives. Thanks again for the resort recommendation! I'll for sure call you before we leave so I can get more suggestions on places to go etc.. love ya!

melanie said...

Gosh Katie. Your life looks like so much FUN! Trips, Nascar limos...I have missed out. :) But I do take note of my toddler wearing the swim diaper... :).Thanks for commenting and getting in touch. I love to read everyones blogs and see what life is like for them now. I will be checking yours now. You seem so happy and blessed. You look fabulous too! Ed seems like a great guy. It wont be long till we will be 10 years from HU. Man that makes me feel OLD. :)

melanie cagle jones